Monday, September 14, 2009

Routes!!!

After much disorder and dismay I have finally finished planning a route for my trip! I had to try three or four different online mapping programs before I found one that would actually allow me to correctly save my routes. I finally stumbled upon www.mapmyride.com which worked exceedingly well for my purposes.

One of the difficulties in planning these routes was finding roads and highways that were suitable for bicycling. The satellite photos found on most mapping programs were helpful to tell the size and expected traffic of possible routes. I also got lots of help from cyclists who are local to the areas that I'll be travelling through. They were able to give me alot of great advice on good biking roads. Regional online cycling forums were very useful for contacting these helpful individuals.

All in all it's a 785.5 mile trip. If you'd like to see more detailed interactive versions of these routes then I'd be happy to post links for such.










No comments:

Post a Comment