Thursday, July 2, 2009

A new pair of shoes and a long ride...

My shoes came in the mail the other day. I did a few slow circles around the neighborhood to get used to the change. It's rather odd to be attached to the bike. I'm sure, with time, I'll get used to it. For now it gives me something else to focus on while I'm in the saddle.

I tried out the new foot-wear on a long ride today. I rode 52 miles through 4.5 hours with a half hour break at the folk's place. That's from Westport to 199th and Metcalf and back, if you're familiar with the K.C. area. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired this evening.

The shoes worked very well. I was able to engage and disengage the clipping mechanism with relative ease by the end of the ride. The actual sensation of powering through my upstroke will still take some getting used to but I'm sure it will come naturally by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment